I believe...

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. " - William Butler Yeats

Thursday, June 24, 2010

1st Podcast

I bought a headset and microphone (~$18.00 at Meijer). Attached is a random chemistry article, titled Building with Alloys that I made for my first podcast. Its about 2 minutes in length. The only problem that I see is that I can only upload a picture or a video. I guess I'll try it as a video file although there is nothing to see. Ok, after 10 minutes and still waiting I guess I need a plan B. Any suggestions? I saved it as a .wav file.



I thought about turning a test or quiz into an audio file and making it available to my special needs students for the coming year. However, I’m apprehensious about doing that because of the ease at which cheating could occur. In fact, I am amazed when I walk into another teacher’s classroom during an assessment and half of the kids have earbuds in their ears. It’s pretty obvious from this course how easy to use web applications are software are to make an audio recording. And just as easy to save your audio recording on an ipod or MP3 player. Maybe I could have my own MP3 player(s) available with assessments pre-recorded to the special education teachers on a checkout basis. I welcome your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, Blogger does not have a built in audio player. You need to "host" the podcast somewhere else (archive.org, gcast.com, etc.) and then link or embed in your blog.

    Alternatively, you can use a second blog as a "podcast channel." Tumblr and Posterous both automatically generate an audio player for your audio files. I'm not sure what file type they use, so you may need to use www.zamzar.com to convert from .wav to .mp3

    ReplyDelete